Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts: Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts - (un)Conventional Bookviews

This Thursday, I'm participating in Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts, a weekly meme hosted by (un)Conventional Book Views. I'll be sharing a food quote from Heartless by Marissa Meyer this week!



"Three luscious lemon tarts glistened up at Catherine. She reached her towel-wrapped hands into the oven, ignoring the heat that enveloped her arms and pressed against her cheeks, and lifted the tray from the hearth. The tarts' sunshine filling quivered, as if glad to be freed from the stone chamber."

These were actually the first few lines from the book, and since the main character is a baker, I  know I can look forward to many more delicious lines like this. Actually, this sort of inspired me to do a feature here on the blog, tentatively titled Book Cooking. I've read so many books where amazing meals were described, and I've been trying to learn to cook, so why not actually make some of the book meals? Have y'all heard of a feature like that already or do you think it's something you'd be interested in reading? It would most likely also involve pictures of kitchen disasters and me covered in flour so there's that! 

Tangent aside, I'm loving Heartless so far!

Have a happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's a nice quote, Amanda!! I have one in a few weeks that is from the first lines as well :) It's good when that happens - we don't have to search too much for making our TT&HH post ;)
    Have a terrific Thursday!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! This book is chock full of baking so I won't have to search much. :P

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete